Friday, August 20, 2010

Our visit to Gureghar

One day I and my mother decided to go for a nature walk in Gureghar, a forest in Panchgani-Mahableshwar plateau. It is a thick forest with dense and leafy undergrowth.

We were walking in Gureghar forest when I saw a snake Slither on the forest floor. I said “snake snake”. My mother looked but the snake slithered away so fast that she had no time to see it. It was a long snake and I guess it was thick. The shake was a dark blackish brown colour. Maybe it was a cobra.
After that we came to a stream. Last time we had come to Gureghar we had followed this stream. But my mother hadn’t enjoyed it so this time only I followed the stream. It was wonderful. The branches were low and it was fun to walk in the water of the stream. Only bad thing was that I spoiled my trouser. I went further than when we had gone before. Finally my mother got worried for me and called me back.
We continued our walk. As we were walking we saw a group of buffalos. My mother is scared of all animals including buffalos. I am also scared of buffalos but I insisted that we continue because I did not want to turn back and we also couldn’t wait till they go. We continued. At times it was scary. Once a buffalo took a few steps towards us and looked at us. We got very scared. We walked as fast as possible. But we escaped. The buffalos didn’t charge at us.
We were walking farther away from the buffalos when we heard a grunt and then heard a creature crashing in the bushes. I and my mother got behind some bushes and we stayed very still. Then we heard another grunt and then silence. The creature then went away. The creature mostly was a wild pig because the noise we heard sounded like grunts. We continued the walk feeling a bit scared.
As we continued our walk we saw a big poodle. It was so big that it wasn’t a poodle but a pond. The water at the sides of the pond almost reached the top of my boots. In the middle of the poodle I think the water would have reached my knees.
After that we got out of the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment