Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Snake in our garden


Snake in our garden
We have had a type of snake in our garden two times. It is a snake with black and white bands. This snake is called the common krait.
Once we were returning from our nature walk and I saw the house cat pawing at something. It was a baby common krait. The cat almost killed it. Then my father put a kundi on top of the snake and killed it.
Another time our neighbors were shouting “snake snake”. We went to look. We saw a baby common krait. My father killed it.
I was searching my cat so I kicked the scooter’s cover and something cold touched my foot. I looked and I saw a snake had fallen on the ground. It was a snake with black and white bands. It was a baby common krait. It was really tiny. My father killed it.

Common kraits are very venomous snakes. There are one of India’s four venomous snakes. The four venomous snakes of India is the cobra, saw scale viper, the rustles viper and the common krait. These are four snakes that are incredibly venomous.
The common krait comes out at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment